Great Jokes Still Sound The Same



Sour Kisses:


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Since the Nikki Webster rally is, as they say, ON, I thought it might be nice if I lend my support to the campaign and confess to being a big fan of 'Strawberry Kisses', her only notable release in the UK...

I can remember both Smash Hits and Top of the Pops magazine - back in the day - running full-page features on Nikki Webster, and how she was going to be The Next Big Thing, the saviour of modern pop music, and, in many ways, the earth itself.

She wasn't, of course, because she was only about three years old, and nobody buys records by three year olds because people accuse them of being A Bit Funny when they get to the counter to pay for them (as I soon discovered, upon becoming an avid supporter of SClubate), and it was pointed out on numerous occassions that the term 'Strawberry Kisses' was actually a euphemism for that time of the month, which soured the whole affair for everyone involved.

But she's blonde, and she sings pop music, and she harbours an excessive amount of pink in her wardbrobe, which bleeds onto the typefacing used on the cover of her CDs, so I'm bound to become her biggest fan.

I'd even be willing to ignore the fact that she's covered 'Dancing in the Street' (ie. the worst song EVER written).


0 Responses to “Sour Kisses:”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3